Voluntary and public sector
Dame Tanni allocates 1 day a week to community and voluntary
initiatives, particularly in the field of sport.
Tanni has played an active part in the promotion of sport in Britain and in the past 15 years has been as Board Member on the following organisations:
• Sports Council for Wales and Elite Cymru / Sportlot panel
• Sport England Lottery Awards Panel
• UK Sport, and Vice-Chair of the Lottery Awards Panel
Tanni was also a member of the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games Organising Council, has twice been Chair of the British Wheelchair Racing Association and was an athlete Ambassador for the 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
Tanni is currently actively involved in a number of organisations which include:
• Patron Sportsleaders UK
• Board Member of the North East Sports Council
• Board Member of ‘V’
• Vice President of Women’s Sports Foundation
• Ambassador for Drug Free Sport
• Ambassador for Weston Spirit